Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fresh and Fruity

Hi Everybody!
Thanks for coming back for my latest post.

This is a photo of the first piece of artwork that I created.

Photo by Mallory's Dad
I made it at an art class named Art is Our Passion.  It's out in Agoura Hills.  I used to take classes there on Mondays when I was in first grade.

Here is a link to their website.  There's lots of great artwork from other kids there.

http://www.artisourpassion.com

I chose the pear and banana because they are my favorite kinds of fruit.  I first drew the pear and banana with a pencil and then filled in the color with chalk pastels.

I entered the picture in an art contest and won a third place medal.
Photo by Mallory's Dad
What was the first piece of artwork you ever made?

Have you won any awards for your artwork?

What is your favorite kind of fruit?




3 comments:

  1. Dear Mallory,

    I really like your artwork. Do you have a more recent picture that you made (even if you didn't win an award for it)? I am not very artistic. Jaxon is but Jordan and I are not. In fact, when Jordan was little and had to do art in school, I always knew which one was his. It was the one with the least effort put into it. He did just what he needed to complete the assignment and nothing more. He is very good at other things, but not art and unfortunately, he may have gotten that from me.

    I look forward to seeing more of your artwork on your blog. BTW - it was fun seeing your blog list and getting to see your cousin Grayson. I know his mommy and daddy, but haven't met him yet. Congratulations on being a big cousin - and thank you for introducing me to him through your blog.

    Love,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mallory,

    Thank you for sharing your art work with us and congratulations on winning. I thought you did a wonderful still life. Did you draw it from memory or did you have it laid out for you to draw? What is your favorite medium to paint with?

    I look forward to seeing more painting from you.

    Best,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mallory,

    Your first piece of artwork is fantastic! It really does look like a banana and a pear but even better.

    No, I have not won any awards for my artwork yet, but I hope that someday I will.

    My favorite kind of fruit is watermelon because it is very juicy, sweet, and it cools you off on a hot summer day.

    Do you like watermelon if so, why?

    Best,
    Keira



    ReplyDelete